GPS – more than just directions.
Maybe you’ve only used GPS to get from point A to B. But GPS can do a lot more than just give you directions. Crew Chief™ powered by Telogis® uses GPS technology to revolutionize the way you manage your fleet, helping you to cut costs and boost productivity.
GPS works by using a GPS receiver (or “black box”) that hides under the dashboard, so all your fleet vehicles can be tracked in real-time. The data is collected, stored and processed using a web-based application from Telogis that converts all your fleet data into an easy-to-use dashboard and meaningful customizable reports.
Crew Chief can be factory-installed with any of the following new Ford trucks purchased through your local Ford dealership: F-150, Super Duty, E-Series and Transit Connect. Crew Chief is also available for retro-fitting on your existing fleet vehicles.
It’s what you know that makes the difference.
You can’t manage what you’re not measuring. Crew Chief™ powered by Telogis® changes all that. With detailed vehicle metrics on a wide range of attributes from airbag faults to oil life remaining, nothing will escape your notice.
Monitoring vehicle metrics can save your fleet a lot of money, helping you to avoid expensive mechanical failures or unsafe working conditions that can be a huge liability. For example, sensors can detect and alert you to water in the fuel tank. Water is incredibly damaging to diesel engines, corroding injectors and quickly causing irreparable damage. Early detection is your best form of protection, as even water separators are not always effective.
Another metric is excessive idling. Idling gets 0 mpg and is often needless and wasteful. Some fleets have saved thousands of dollars by knowing which drivers and vehicles were idling excessively.
For the full list of vehicle metrics you can measure, monitor and manage, see our Editions page.
Oil Life (% remaining)
- With oil life monitoring you’ll know if a vehicle is in need of a service, promoting trouble-free motoring and less downtime.
- Real-time alerts when the tire pressure warning light is activated. Low tire pressure can reduce fuel economy and affect vehicle handling.
Driver Insurance (expiring)
- Keep tabs on your driver’s insurance expiration dates, ensuring you are operating in compliance.
DTCs (Diagnostic Trouble Code)
- Maintaining the health of your fleet is always a priority. Remotely manage your vehicles with real-time visibility into the DTCs.
Engine Coolant Temperature
- Real-time monitoring and alerts for a vehicle’s engine temperature allows you to save on costly mechanical issues, such as poor fuel economy with engines that are too cold or broken thermostats and cooling systems in engines that are running too hot.
Water in Fuel (diesel only)
- Water is incredibly damaging to diesel engines, corroding injectors and quickly causing irreparable damage. Early detection is your best form of protection, as even water separators are not always effective.
- Excessive RPMs, particularly when performed over an extended period of time, not only waste a lot of fuel but can also shorten the life of the vehicle and contribute to more frequent servicing and parts replacement.
- Stay on top of fleet safety with real-time alerts and reporting on driver safety belt use. Helpful for proving driver safety records and investigating infringements or vehicle accidents.
- Get an instant alert for an airbag fault, indicating an urgent problem that requires attention. Assist managers to enhance fleet safety and manage employer liability.
- Monitor a vehicle’s battery voltage. Get instant alerts for a draining battery with low voltage to make sure you’re never stranded.
- With detailed driver idling reports you’ll know which drivers are idling excessively and for how long.
- Record each vehicle’s VIN number to assist in stolen vehicle recovery. This also saves time when entering fleet details as vehicle information such as make, model and engine size is recorded automatically.
Driver License (expiring)
- Store and record your team’s driver license expiration dates, ensuring your team is driving with valid and current licenses.
- Hard Acceleration/Braking is an indicator of driver behavior. Measure ‘hard’ braking events and send alerts/ reports to key stakeholders as part of the Safety Program.
Features born in the real world.
Crew Chief™ powered by Telogis® is a telematics solution that doesn’t have its head in the clouds. It was developed by a company in-touch with the real needs of fleet managers and the challenges they face everyday. It’s a solution packed with features that are designed, developed and thoroughly tested right alongside real users.
It’s web-based so there’s no software to install or upgrade and no backups to be made. It has clever features to help you cope with information overload, such as spatial clustering (to easily group vehicles) and fast access to individual vehicles. Automated reporting and a user-defined alerts system mean you can “set and forget”, and still have your finger on the pulse.
Find Closest Capable Driver
- Improve service levels and cut costs with fast and efficient dispatch, quickly locating the best vehicle and driver for the job.
Custom Map Overlays
- Crew Chief allows custom map overlays to suit your specific business needs. It is compatible with common external GIS applications such as ESRI, and comes with relevant Points Of Interest such as power lines, sewer lines and land use.
Fuel Efficiency Module
- Monitor real-time fuel tank levels, the fuel consumed by each vehicle and fuel purchases. Compare against average, or expected, fuel efficiency. Fuel card reconciliation reports make it easy to identify theft or card misuse.
- Enjoy the most current and comprehensive satellite earth imagery commercially available, with new images being collected and uploaded every day. Helpful to verify landmarks and provide context for mapped locations.
- Valuable business insights at the right time. Get instant alerts for a wide-range of vehicle or driver metrics, such as speeding, unauthorized use, low fuel & oil levels, excessive idling or urgent maintenance.
- Enjoy maximum route efficiency as drivers are guided by voice-prompted, turn-by-turn directions to their next job.
- With the industry’s fastest web-based mapping system and patent-pending clustering you’ll have easy visualization of thousands of assets on a single screen.
Powerful Automated Reports
- Includes a suite of 50+ powerful reports ranging from detailed to high level. Schedule saved reports with one click or set them up to be emailed automatically to your team in the format of your choice.
- Be alerted when any of your employees drive over the posted speed limit. History reports help validate your fleet’s improved safety record and can often reduce insurance premiums up to 15%.
Fleet, Driver & Team Management
- Know exactly when your drivers start their shifts, where they are, how many stops they make and what time they complete their routes. Re-route drivers in real-time to save valuable fuel and time.
- Search! quickly finds any vehicle, driver, location or tagged group, improving asset utilization and making fleet management more efficient.
- Fleets can qualify for an immediate discount of up to 15% with a participating insurance carrier when buying a commercial auto policy. Safe driving discounts of up to 40% off participating carrier rates are available with subsequent policy renewals.
Animated Vehicle History Trails
- Animated routed history trails delivering more accurate vehicle history. Multiple vehicle history can be shown simultaneously on the same map view and replayed at different speeds.
- Sophisticated tracking of service history for individual vehicles. Automatic alerts can be set up to instruct fleet managers when to schedule preventative maintenance.
The toolbox that grows with your business.
Crew Chief™ powered by Telogis® recognizes that not all commercial fleets have the same business needs, so offers a range of options to let you choose what suits you best, and grows as your needs change.
Crew Chief can be fitted to your existing fleet vehicles but when installed on selected Ford vehicles (such as pre-ordered Fords from your local Ford dealership) you get even more. Gain additional insight into vehicle performance including airbag faults, tire pressure and oil life percentages (see the Ford Advantage logo below for more).
Crew Chief Professional Crew Chief Real-time Alerts Unlimited 5 Reports Unlimited 10 Command Center Mapping Animated Vehicle History Trails Fleet Overview Search! Markers (Landmarks) & GeoFences Fleet, Driver & Team Management SSL Capable Advanced Large Fleet Reporting International Language and Time Zone Support Satellite Imagery Maintenance Reporting Routing with Optimization Multiple Vehicle History Traffic Weather Who Was Here Turn-by-turn Directions Find Closest Capable Driver User Security Levels and Role-based Hierarchy Driver Insurance (expiring) Driver License (expiring) MILs (Malfunction Indicator Light) MPG Fuel Economy Hard Acceleration/Braking Driver Safety Belt Odometer CO2 Emissions Excessive Idling Excessive RPM Water in Fuel (Diesel Only) DTCs (Diagnostic Trouble Code) Oil Life (% remaining) Tire Pressure Warning Light Airbag Light Speeding Alerts against Posted Speed Limit Battery Voltage (LM) Engine Coolant Temperature